Did you know Dallas City Homes, Inc. is now on Facebook? Find us on Facebook and stay updated on our current projects, planned events, and community involvement!
In 1989, a group of local leaders recognized the need to positively transform disinvested neigborhoods and preserve housing affordability over the long term. The company's vision is to optimize the human and physical potential of neighborhoods through both the provision of housing and the collaborative delivery of resident services to strengthen families. During the company's history it has acquired rental properties in some of the most distressed areas of the City and converted those properties into safe, clean, vibrant rental communities with good housing. DCH has also created homeownership opportunities that have contributed more than $25 million in assets to local neighborhoods and a bright future for many families.
What We Do
DCH's job is to assist in the positive transformation of neighborhoods. Transformations however cannot take place without the contributions of neighborhood residents. Therefore in some cases DCH owns and operates housing in partnership with neighborhood organizations, and in other cases residents have assisted in the planning and execution of their neighborhood's revitalization.
Developer: DCH can envision a housing development, assemble the team to bring the vision to fruition and arrange for the financing.
Builder: DCH can build single family homes for sale, small condominium and rental communities.
Property Management: DCH manages over 100 rental units. It employs a third party fee manager for more than 500 units
Asset Management: DCH has asset management responsibility for more than 600 rentals
Collaborator: DCH cannot successfully do its works alone and seeks the efficient use of funds, and the opportunity to expand resources through collaboration
Healthy families are the cornerstone of healthy homes and neighborhoods. DCH believes that many children and families also need additional support to develop their full potential. Therefore resident services are provided at several of DCH's rental communities in collaboration with Buckner Children and Family Services.
The programs provided to resident youth include:
- On-site academic support from 3-6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Skills curriculum and journal writing to teach youth practical applications of life lessons such as strengthening relationships, proper nutrition and hygiene.
- Arts and crafts to promote creativity and cooperation in group settings.
- Enrichment activities and experiential learning to enhance their understanding of different cultures, religions, and customs through fun hands-on activities.
- Summer camp to keep children engaged during the summer months.
- Incentive Program to encourage and reward good decisions, leaderships skills, community service, and positive behavior.
Other services include:
- Resident breakfasts to promote fellowship with neighbors and to welcome new families.
- Senior luncheons to engage senior citizens and keep them active in the community.
- Crime watch to discuss safety concerns and monitor apartment activities.
- Summer food program provided by Central Dallas Ministries for youth Monday – Friday.
- Financial assistance to residents that need help with rent or utility payments.
- Clothing and furniture assistance to residents in need of clothing and homegoods.
- Job connection and inform residents of available employment opportunities.
- Community events to promote healthy family relations, unity within the community, and awareness of other available resources.
In 2010 alone, Buckner Children and Family Services assisted over 7,500 residents and community members through 19 different programs at Hillburn Hills and the Simari Ridge Apartments. Click here for more information or call Cheryl Williams at 214-948-5153.